Monday, February 3, 2014

I wake up too early

I wake up too early
and I'm not good at letting others sleep in too late
but I'm getting better
still, I can't help greeting each day just as soon as I can

I talk too loud
without even realizing
that my words are slowly banging the drums of other people's ears
or that maybe they don't want to hear what I'm saying
still, I can't help shout everything from the rooftops

I walk too fast
with the shortest legs imaginable
I get impatient when other people can't keep up
still, I can't help getting everywhere just as fast as I can

I daydream too much
so much that I find regular life boring most of the time
and can't concentrate when my wings are clipped
still, I can't help thinking our conscience is more exciting than our physical selves

I love too hard
so much that I could very well love the skin right off of you
and it pushes people away
and I get sad sometimes when they can't love me back as hard
still, I can't help where my heart forces me to go

No comments:

Post a Comment