Monday, April 29, 2013

waiting

for someone to crash into me.

to show me that all this love I have inside has a counterpart that can't wait to love someone else just like them

to leave this fucking country

to get a book published

to dance with someone without any regard for who may be watching

or when we know no one is watching

especially when no one is watching

for my son to encounter the world in a less stressful manner

for the world to change so that he doesn't have to change who he is just to fucking exist.

for peace

for love to prevail

waiting for the unknown

waiting for this wall to crumble to ruins

for my voice to get a little louder

for my heart and my head to disagree every now and then

but the waiting is sometimes the very best part.

for once the waiting is over, what the hell else is supposed to occupy my time?

No comments:

Post a Comment